A first journal page


Not a very regular blogger am I? I am starting to challenge what I do on the creative front, I have thought for a while that art journalling would be helpful to me, I have written journals for many years and have lots of books filled with scribbling, my thoughts pouring out it has been a healing process for me, so I am not sure how much of my art journalling I will share. But I have bought journals and created covers and started altered books. I must be commitment phobic as I haven't been able to make a start on any of them. I did think that using a file type journal would be helpful for me, so I didn't have to worry about chronology or worry that my pages were good enough, but still no pages done. So this week I decided I just need to make one page, and then another, like any journey it begins with a single step or single page.


I am using an old book Ben spotted in a second hand book, so that once I start I have committed and  maybe I will stop procrastinating. I wanted do something fast, so that it was done and I could get one with page two....
I did the lettering with an old pen and Diva Acrylic ink. Acrylic ink is permanent once it is dry, so I could then spray over with ink in a bottle which isn't permanent. the extra pink in the background is the excess pink ink from my palette with water on the page.

I used Oak House Studio inks of course. This is a small bottle 30ml of ink created for some classes I am teaching. We are selling this size as an empty bottle for you to create your own inks spays in....

I hope you enjoyed my first page, I hope I get to share a bit more of my personal art.

Comments